Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Phoenix

Designed by Samuel Hannaford, this Italian Renaissance building was built in 1893 as The Phoenix Club, an organization for Jewish Businessmen. The building features a white marble staircase and Tiffany glass imported from Germany. In 1911 the building was purchased by the Cincinnati Club and was used as a sports annex. A lap pool and bowling alley were installed in the basement and the second floor had a billiards room. The Cincinnati Club closed the annex in 1983 and by 1988 it was restored to its original form and opened as a restaurant. Today it is known as The Phoenix and can be booked for private events, banquets, and weddings.

The Phoenix
812 Race Street, Downtown

2 comments:

Brad said...

Is there a way to contact you? I have some questions about the QC tour

grif said...

I have been meaning to publish my profile. Just click on my name and you will find my email address on the profile page.